Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

renting cell phones to use in paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melinda

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: renting cell phones to use in paris Reply with quote

my cell can't be changed over to work in france so I am researching a short term rental of cell phones.....does anyone have any suggestions re companies....there are several listed online but u never know how reliable they are......one of the sites said it would be cheaper to actually buy a phone instead of renting (then could be used again down the road)
jinnan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long do you plan to be in Paris for?

If you need to buy a new phone, you can get a very cheap one from any of the shops around the Barbes-Rochechouart metro station for about 20 euros.
melinda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually after much research I did determine that it was cheaper to just buy......so i have ordered a phone that can be used in europe with a french sim card
wdillsmith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get an unlocked quad band phone (like the one you probably already bought), you can get cheap SIM cards from a lot of places. To me the biggest question is whether I am going to be making a lot of calls myself, or do I just need to be available for others to call me easily. I'm in the latter category, so I usually get a SIM card with free incoming calls and free incoming text messages. I've found this place to be pretty good: https://www.telestial.com/

Also, if you have an old phone with T-Mobile, once you have fulfilled your contract, they will send you the unlock code so you can use it as your international travel phone. This assumes your old T-Mobile phone was quad band, but mine was, and I take it when I travel internationally.
melinda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got my phone and sim card from the exact place u suggested....with a paris number so i can get free incoming calls.....just hope i can figure out how to use it as the booklet's not much help...thx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: