Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

It's daredallion week!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: It's daredallion week! Reply with quote

This is a great idea for a fund raiser, from the Cancer Council, and has been really good for morale at my workplace. It finishes this week though. http://www.daredallion.com.au/
Comet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, they've extended it for the whole month of March. Is anyone getting involved?

http://www.daredallion.com.au/videos.html
Pavlova

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Australian [living overseas] but I don't know about this. How long have the Cancer Council been running it?

I usually go for Red Nose Day (which isn't he same as the one the UK has - which is for Comic Relief) and also the 40 Hour Famine, which they don't seem to do here but I do it anyway and make a donation via the internet. I also support Barnardos (Australia) and Genes for Jeans.

What are you doing for daredallion Comet?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pavlova Very Happy I'm pretty sure this is the first year they're doing it. I haven't heard of it before either. I think it's quite good to target mens cancer. We hear so much about women's cancer, I think men aren't reminded enough of their own risks.
I haven't actually been dared (hooray), but I have sponsored a few people at work. My boss had to do the one where he signs off on all his corporate emails "with love" for a day yesterday. He has some pretty conservative clients so that would have been tough for him!
Pavlova

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see it's for men. Yes its good they have a cancer charity too but don't they have one in October for Prostate Cancer? I can't remember the name of it though, or maybe its a New South Wales event only. Argh where's my memory pill? LOL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's for men but women can still do dares or dare people.
The one in October is called Movember, where they grow a moustache. It's impressive to see how many guys get into it. I hope they've had a similar response to daredallion. It might take a couple of goes for people to really catch on though.
Debbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother does Movember.

It is quite funny because basically all his base (he is in Army) change from being clean shaven, to having various forms of mo's for the month.... just before the Xmas holidays when most of them stop shaving anyway... By january it is looking pretty scary Laughing

All of the mens ones are new to me as they did not exist when I was in Aus. About time though as prostate and breast cancer are claiming far too many men.

Tried to get onto the website, but couldn't. Will try again later and see what it is for.

Must say Pavlova that he Red Nose Day confused me for a while here... I was used to it being for SIDs and that alone.

Did get a good giggle out of your bosses dare Comet. Can imagine these very proper professional clients getting an email saying "with love" and thinking What the !!! Shocked
Comet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Debbie, it was pretty funny receiving an email from my boss signed off "with love". I can only imagine what his clients must have thought! Quite agood one though, because he would have told them all the next day, and that would have got the awareness out there a bit more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: