Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

the sheer wonder of music festivals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 am    Post subject: the sheer wonder of music festivals Reply with quote

Any regular festival goers out there? My sister and I travel to Byron Bay for the bluesfest each year ~ rain? guaranteed. out of this world music? also guaranteed.

http://www.bluesfest.com.au/

We used to camp, however age has caught up with us. The last time we were almost washed away and Marz said "This is the last time." Oh the wondrous comfort of a house!!!!!!

So, without further ado, I thought you might enjoy a few snaps from the festival:

May I introduce Mr CW Stoneking...

Seasick Steve...

Watermelon Slim ('n don't ya just love that shirt!)...

The Hot Club of Cowtown ~ stunning musicianship!!! Ms Fiddle played in Bob Dylan's band...

My brother saw Carney's first gig...'n raved 'n raved...so I thought I'd see what the raving was about ~ Mr Lennon methinks would be thrilled to bits with how Reeve Carney sang "I want you." Such a dramatic presence..

'n finally Jeff Lang ~ have seen him many times over the years..the guitar work!

here, Mr Lang singing The Savannah Way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAcBFlhNbjI&feature=related

While I realise that this festival wouldn't be a cup of tea for everyone...thought you might enjoy a glimpse of what was happening, a few days back, in a pocket of the earth called Byron Bay.

NEVER have I seen so much rain...we lived in gumboots...

roll on 2010 Smile

any festival stories you'd like to share?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: