Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Clothilde's new book. Congratulations!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dory

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Clothilde's new book. Congratulations! Reply with quote

Hi Clotilde,

I do not know if I am putting this in the right forum. I just saw your new translated book in Borders and wanted to congratulate you! It looks fun. I may buy it for myself for Christmas, because we are doing less gift exchanges in my house this year. I just wanted to thank you for all of the books and the forum (and for finding me a picture of the funny puffy ghosts!)

Dory
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much, Dory! I'm really pleased with how it turned out design-wise, and how it's been received so far.

(I'll note that I wasn't the translator on this project; my job was to help edit/adapt the translation.)
jaybee7815

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a longstanding tradition of giving/receiving a book for Christmas with my husband. I love the sleepy, warm feeling post-Christmas breakfast and gift-opening of leafing through a book and reading choice bits aloud.

In our tradition, you may asked to be surprised with a book of the giver's choice or you can request a specific book. Of course, Clotilde's newest was my requested book of choice. Actually, I even went to the bookstore to make sure they had it, then went with my husband and handed it to him.

Now, I'm eagerly awaiting Christmas morning -- after breakfast, after gifts -- when I can finally leaf through the new books.

-jordan
Rachel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the congratulations, and look forward to getting my hands on a copy - though I think I'll wait until I'm in Paris in March (I want the British version... seven years of living in Europe has converted me to the beauty of the metric system!). I take it this is the version for sale in the Paris WH Smith?
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan: That's a lovely tradition, and I hope you like this book!

Rachel: Yes, I think WHSmith carries the British edition with weight measurements, but they might stock both so it's best to ask.

Clotilde.
melinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY my brother gave me clotilde's new book for xmas .....my wish was granted!
Annee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 new books, one on my bedside table - Clotilde's Edible Adventures in Paris AND on the kitchen bench - I Know How to Cook. I must admit that I after 40+ years of cooking, I am still learning and have found quite a few treasures in I Know How to Cook. The 'Edible Adventures" is in readiness for a trip back to Paris in September. I also gave a friend a copy of the 'Edible Adventures' for her birthday as a guide for her next visit to Paris in July.
clotilde
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melinda - So pleased you got a copy! I hope you enjoy cooking with Ginette.

Annee - Welcome to the forums, and thanks for this kind message!
David

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next edition perhaps you could persuade Phaidon to add the translator's name to the outside cover! Just got the book myself, love it!
dory

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they should put Clotilde's name all over it, but everyone (!!!!!) knows the important role she played in it. I can't remember where I heard, but maybe on the Splendid Table. Definitely not from Clotilde who is being very modest about it.

Dory

P.S. I was a French literature major in college, although now i speak Spanish all the time, and my French is getting rusty. At my peak I was pretty good though. I would have given anything, however, to write French the way Clotilde writes English. I still would, for that matter!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: