Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Diminutive Diners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:25 pm    Post subject: Diminutive Diners Reply with quote

This story from TIME magazine I found astonishing and adorable:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1967060,00.html

It sure made me nostalgic, not!
Debbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it interesting to read the menu as I wait outside the school for my evening classes.

Sometimes I think the kids here eat better than I do!!!

I have never had the sort of school lunches that they do here (and in some other countries). Australia didn't have that sort of cafeteria.

We had a tuckshop that you put an order in before classes for your sandwiches and they were delivered to the classroom just before the lunch bell rang. Some "lucky" children were allowed to order meat pies or sausage rolls. The school thought it was very progressive when it brought in salads.....

Extras were fruit (generally an apple or banana) and fruit juices. No chocolate, chips, etc and definately no yogurts!

Hey, it was the 70's! You were lucky if you had more than a vegemite, jam or cheese sandwich. Vegemite AND cheese on the one sandwich was lashing out in style!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: