Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Walking, Weeping, and Wine: Reubens and Artichokes for One
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griffin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If confused I'd have to go with a Rembrandt sandwich... or for a cheeky touch, a Beryl Cook sandwich. For a very near recovery, it would have to be a Frida Kahlo sandwich...!

We Brits don't have a Reubens anything... but thanks to Brook, I now am in with a chance! Fortunately for me, the rats are losing... but then I've always been a cat person, so that may be why. Wink

A Reuben Puff is surely what happens to Reuben going uphill. A Reuben Croquette is what happens when the Reuben trips and falls downhill.

I love the idea of a Reuben Exploration! Sounds like a voyage of discovery made in the 19th century.
simona

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berry Cook , Botero, Maillol - for an "unknown" reasons they are my favourites ( so is Bosch, but he is adresing my dark inner self, not my outher "jovial " figure..)
But seriously, I'm more of a Woody Allen Sandwich person ( google woody allen sanwich and you'll see why). I personally don't see the need of melted cheese over two pounds of meat ( and not because of Kosher reasons).
Anyhow, I'll be in November in NY,, staying just 2 blocks away from Carnegie deli, and Woody Allen ( on rye bread) is waiting personally for me to devour him ( actually I like him much more in the form of a sandwich..)

No more war, not even against the rats ! They have rights too!!! And what's wrong with Rubens and Co. anyway?
David

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hee hee, good one simona!!!
dory

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry for your loss of your beautiful dog Lucky. I know this comes late, but I have not been on the forum for a while. I got busy, and my new job does not require me to sit at my desk for hours with nothing to do as did my old job, so I am blogging less. We lost our almost 19 year old Lhasa Apso last April, and it was heart rending. I made her grilled Colombian-style beef with cumin for her last meal (tragically she was eating until the end, although she could not walk) and was not able to make it again until last week. Now when I make this I will always think of the pleasure of sharing a bit with her.

Dory
Shut Up And Cook

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dory,

Thanks so much for your thoughts...it was indeed heartbreaking, though it does get easier day by day.

Cooking + Wine help with that too, no doubt.

Now, I just need to convince myself that I should not get this adorable new rescue puppy I found named Murdoch...

Perhaps I'd better go make some overly complex and demanding recipe instead to try and distract myself. Smile

www.TheAttainableGourmet.com
dory

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. I am all for rescue dogs. Then you can get into dog biscuit baking! I will be getting a pup myself in the spring. I think animals and cooking go together.

Dory
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: