Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Ice Cream
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Feste

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: coconut sorbet Reply with quote

creampuff wrote:
Any one have a recipe for coconut ice cream or sorbet, the more "natural" the better? My husband has requested same and I can't find an appealing recipe.
Thanks

Hi Creampuff,

This is my favorite recipe for coconut sorbet. It is similar to one posted earlier, but may fit the bill for a more "natural" sweet, and it is awesome with hot fudge! You can get the fructose at Berkeley Bowl or Rainbow Grocery. I've substituted regular sugar, but it's definitely better with the fructose.

COCONUT SORBET

1 14-oz. can light coconut milk
6 tbsp fructose
pinch salt
1/4 scraped vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract

Put everything into a blender and process. Freeze in an ice cream maker.

I've started adding xanthan gum to my ice creams and sorbets so they aren't so icy after the first day. If I had $2000 to spend on one of those super-deluxe Italian jobbies that delivers a true gelato texture, I wouldn't have this problem, of course... [daydreaming...] Does anyone do anything else to aid in the texture of the homemade stuff?

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: