Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Carbonara Made with Farm Fresh Eggs, Topped with Pork Belly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shut Up And Cook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Carbonara Made with Farm Fresh Eggs, Topped with Pork Belly Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Hope you're well. Sorry to have been MIA. Life took over for a while, but I'm very glad to be back in the kitchen...and reading all the yummy recipes you've all posted.

I recently did a Carbonara with Pork Belly that was just heavenly.

Definitely a bit rich, but with a good bottle of white wine, a perfect Saturday night treat.

http://wp.me/puWta-cj

What are your other favorite ways to cook Pork Belly? I'm new to using it, so excited to try other recipes.

Thanks!

www.TheAttainableGourmet.com
dory

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad to see you back since I always enjoy your ideas. Sadly, I have never used pork belly. I am sort of wimpy about meat fat. I won't touch a fatty pot roast (I only use eye of the round, and won't use chuck roast, which has visible fat) trim all visible fat from pork chops, and won't touch bacon unless it is fried extra crispy. I have never claimed not to be picky or eccentric. Luckily my husband also doesn't like any kind of visible fat on his meat either, so he encourages me in my weirdness.

I also compulsively sterilize anything in my kitchen that has touched raw meat. I know most people do this but I do it more I think.

Other than that I am pretty normal.

Dory

P.S. Even if I don't cook with pork belly I would like to read what other people do with it. Maybe you can convert me.
Shut Up And Cook

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dory -

You might want to give it a shot!

It's undeniably fatty...but you can render the majority of it off, resulting in very yummy crispy bites.

Perhaps we'll make a convert out of you yet...

Smile

www.TheAttainableGourmet.com
dory

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I WILL eat bacon if most of the fat is rendered off, so maybe pork belly is next on my menu!
ErinT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had pork belly but it's on my list to try. That recipe does sound very rich with the pasta and eggs and the pork belly. I do think a white wine would balance it out well and maybe even a fresh wild green salad with raspberries or other fresh fruit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: