Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Le Relais d'Entrecote in St. Germaine de Pres was delicious

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kfoley

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:03 am    Post subject: Le Relais d'Entrecote in St. Germaine de Pres was delicious Reply with quote

I'm just back from 5 fun days in Paris. Our best dinner was at Le Relais d’Entrecote, down the street from Café de Flore in St. Germaine de Pres. The restaurant had no menu – you only chose how rare you liked your steak cooked. They served you from a platter they kept on a food warmer near your table, and provided fresh frites several times. Although the steak, salad and frites were excellent, I was especially taken with the sauce they served on the steak. I was a brown butter sauce that contained an herb - maybe tarragon or chervil. I'd love to learn if anyone recognized it.

We also returned to a restaurant in at 63 Rue du Montparnasse we had discovered last year called Les Cormorans that specialized in gallettes and crepes from Brittany. It is a small family-run restaurant with very reasonable prices. The gallettes were marvelous – filled with ham and cheese – I’d love to have a recipe. They serve apple cider that kicked.

We walked to the Le Grand Epicerie at Bon Marche but were a little disappointed. We had shopped in a street market last year and found that experience more interesting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: