Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Hell's Kitchen
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Wendy; Sad I really liked her. And ANDREW???? What is Gordon thinking? Unless Andrew reminds him of himself when he was a young Sous-Pup.
MileHigh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, poor Wendy - she was just too cocky with her assertion of being a perfectionist - apparently not perfect enough!! I could have done without the kidney stone information - I guess Jeff couldn't take the heat - I was thinking that since Jeff walked out they wouldn't eliminate another person on this episode but I was wrong again.
melinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I confess to watching this too....it'll feel like over 100 degrees today in Richmond, so it's hard to even open the door to go out.....does anybody else feel like you could cook better than any of the contestants???? I'm not a trained culinary person but where did they dig up these people.....nice to have mindless entertainment every now & then.
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

melinda wrote:
Yes I confess to watching this too....it'll feel like over 100 degrees today in Richmond, so it's hard to even open the door to go out.....does anybody else feel like you could cook better than any of the contestants???? I'm not a trained culinary person but where did they dig up these people.....nice to have mindless entertainment every now & then.

"Well", DQ says, shuffling her feet, "I don't know if I can cook as "fancy" as these contestants, BUT....I sure wouldn't put up with the pressure and swearing from Gordon!!!" I know his behavior is supposed to be entertaining, and it IS, from the safe side of my TV! I would have flipped out and sauteed that little bas*&%$d right with the squid, last week!

So Wendy was a perfectionist; at least she wasn't smug about herself. I got the impression that she was just stating this about herself; Lord knows, I'm also a perfectionist and I'd hate to be fired for it! In fact, it's because of my perfectionism that my clients keep me hired!

I'm a veteran of Reality TV and this year, there's been plenty of contestants that have walked off the shows, and they continue to have an elimination at the end. They just fill in the extra hours with more recap crap in future shows.

I couldn't stand Dew/Blueberry OR Jeff, so I'm very happy to see them go. Still not happy about Wendy, though.
David

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was sorry to see Wendy go too. Personally I would have chosen Andrew to go but he had pulled through with a food course if I recall correctly, I just don't care for his attitude. If he hadn't walked I'm sure Jeff would have been the one to go, kidney stones and all. I'm actually glad he passed the stone though because last week I thought he was faking. I've had "renal calculi" a few times myself and would not have been capable of any kind of activity except begging for help!

I'm really watching Michael now too. He really took command well when he was moved to the red team. (and I think his bad boy look is appealing too) Would still like to see Elsie go the distance but I fear she may not be assertive enough.

I think I can cook better than Dewberry, but I'm doubtful I could function in a restaurant kitchen!
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I was most impressed with in last nights show was the "10 minute/$100 challenge"! Man, that's one that I'd LOVE to be able to achieve, since I'm always accused (rightly so) of spending a small forture each time I go grocery shopping. Mind you, we eat everything but in the Summer, during my busy months, I buy almost everthing premade so that I can just eat and not cook. However, I justify this action by my 10-12 hour work days, landscaping, so as long as I'm not sticking someone else with the food bill, what does it matter?

However, like WICKEDLY PERFECT did, I'm wondering if they post the recipes for their dishes on the HELL'S KITCHEN website? I'd really like to come home with 5 courses for $100!
David

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well once again I think the ax fell on the wrong neck. How Michael has survived two selections is beyond me---sad to see Mary Ellen go, she had a pleasant sparkle! Ralph and Michael keep impressing me more and more and Jessica is fun to watch. Dear Elsie though, she doesn't seem to want to try leadership and I think that is essential for longevity in this show.
MileHigh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not sure what to think of what's going on - Mary Ellen's problems with the risotto did her in apparently. Ramsey makes them start from scratch when something is unacceptable - what a waste. I'm still rooting for Elsie.
David

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Mike is turning all Machiavellian on us! I hate it when these shows start getting tactical, that is what ruins them for me. I want people to win on their merit, not because of canniness. Neither Chris nor Elsie should have gone. I liked Elsie's defence, she is learning much and under great pressure. And I agree Chris thinks way too much of his own experience and needed to be taken down a peg or two, but being eliminated was overboard.

But again, it is this strategizing that has put me off shows previously. I stopped Survivor after episode 1/season 1 when I saw how it was going to work. Same with "The Weakest Link" and similar shows. But I am going to see Hell's Kitchen through anyway.
MileHigh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you believe Ramsey told one of the customers he needed to lose weight - I guess that is all part of the "shock value" of the show. Michael's strategy worked though, didn't it???? He'll have to really watch his back now - the others are on to him. Go, Elsie!!
David

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we had a double dose of Hell last night, making up for skipping it last week Well so glad to see the back of Andrew, while it is true Ralph blew it with the halibut recipe Andrew's whining that it wasn't "his" recipe did him no good. It's the first time we've seen Ralph falter I think!

On the second hour, while it was nice to see Jimmy pull off the flambe he really hasn't been contributing much so it was probably the right decision to have him leave. Loved watching Elsie learn the Caesar and the flambe as she worked from table to table. I really enjoy Jessica, but I'd watch my back with her around!
MileHigh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It WAS fun watching Elsie - here she says she is slow and will hinder her team but she was a quick study with the Caesar and the flambe - and her taste buds seem to work well, too. And now, with no team, she may hold her own - I'm still rooting for her - it will be tough against Ralph and Michael if they continue to perform well.

I'm enjoying the various tests that the contestants are subjected to - that taste test was interesting and am now wondering what Ramsey will come up with next.
TheImpetuousEpicure

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Hell's Kitchen. I watched the British broadcast, and I found it horrifying. Shocked

A quick look-over of Fox's site reveals a different cast - well - all but the guy who talks all the time.
David

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it is all over now and Andew took the prize. All in all a reasonably entertaining show but if there is a second version--I think we might give it a miss.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: