Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Summertime, and the drinkin' is easy....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey wrote:
But I thought we still shared the term "Brownie."
Sorry...we do have Brownies...but the youngest group are Sparks. I was being "technically" correct, totally missing the meaning of your question. First Sparks, then Brownies, then Girl Guides and finally Pathfinders.

The ostrich feather slides are amazing...but I don't think the male members of our audience will go for them. Laughing Are your toenails painted to match?
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. I was thinking the little brown uniforms with the cute little hats for the "chocolate" part of the equation and being silly. Wink

As for the toenails, check the icon. I guess it's a little small to see how cute and purple they are. That part aside, the whole idea of me, leopard print and feathered slides is soooo wildly out of whack that the possibility amused me. I probably could be talked into a squash lei, but, day in and day out, you'll find me in something comfortable and serviceable like jeans or denim overalls with print Birkie garden shoes or comfy loafers and a T-shirt.

If I ABSOLUTELY have to dress up and there's no Academy Award involved or bride in evidence, I put on clean non-gardening jeans and a nice shirt. Thank god I live in Southern California, no? Wink
Lakritz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

This time you had me laughing out LOUD, Rainey!

So, slides are slippers then; here, slide is a hair accessory. (Apart from all the other meanings, of course.)
simona

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No kidding, brown shirts as an uniform? My association is not with chocolate.
An erotic zucchhini pin, maybe ( we are all grown ups, DQ). But who
wants so be part of a troop? This is just a ( very nice ) food blog, remember? No conscriptions duty!

No more war, no more, never again, uniforms!
simona

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey, I love your slides. Slides- from to slide in, new word for me, but a sensible one. And pink is the colour. Do you really , actually walk with those at home? Lucky hubby.

No more war, more rose oistrich feathers!
Sarape

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have pierced ears nor do I wear earrings. I like the idea of tiny foods as earrings, however.

I think those little, plastic, yellow, corn handles to hold an ear of corn would make cute earrings or jewelry like a necklace.

Quote:
DQ: Say, where are all the Southerners and their version of Sweet Tea, that concoction that sends Northerners into diabetic shock?!

I think I'm the only Southerner east of Texas on the board. And I'm not native so sweet tea isn't something I drink.
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarape wrote:
I think I'm the only Southerner east of Texas on the board. And I'm not native so sweet tea isn't something I drink.

Darn! I thought that we'd have more Dixie folks here. I guess you're right, Sarape; we've covered the world but the Deep South is under-represented.

I occasionally like Sweet Tea, when soda is too much, but I never developed the taste for it that Dixie Foks have for the drink.

How about Mint Juleps, anyone?
Rainey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simona wrote:
Rainey, I love your slides. Slides- from to slide in, new word for me, but a sensible one. And pink is the colour. Do you really , actually walk with those at home? Lucky hubby.

No more war, more rose oistrich feathers!

No, No, No, No! And I'm TOTALLY with you and Lakritz on the whole concept of uniforms. I was just being preposterous. Now I think I've seriously skewed everyone's impression of who the "real" me is.

It could be totally worth it, tho, just to be picturing serape in his dangly corn-on-the-cob handle earrings.... Wink
VictoriaLH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been spending the hot midwest days on my porch with my fave summer drink, a Gin and Tonic with lots of lime. Nothing beats it. But after a few too many of them, I turn to Iced Masala Tea to cure the hangover!

As to uniforms, I was kicked out of brownies after a month for refusing to wear the uniform and not bringing my handbook. But the Zucchini blossom lei idea reminded me of the grocer we use every year in Positano. One day while admiring the gorgeous crate of zucchini blossoms he had just received, he told me that his wife had carried a bouquet of them at their wedding! However, the large amount of eye-rolling taking place behind the deli counter where said wife and his mother were standing seemed to challenge that fact!
But I bought a bunch anyway, took his recipe suggestions and they were sublime!
David

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey it's a very good thing you don't have that leopard skin pj and ostrich feather outfit or there damned well may have been an entire army of drag queens looking to steal your outfit!

Summer long drinks------hmmm, when I lived in Australia I worked for a market research company. Cointreau was one of our clients. At that time a lot of Aussies were downing huge quantities of (are you ready) tia maria with coca-cola! We were instructed to find a long drink with Cointreau which could be marketed against the TM and CC combo. For several weeks one summer I would go to different peoples' homes with boxes of bottled and tinned mixes and bottles of Cointreau and bags of ice and would spend the morning (usually) with a group of house wives mixing drinks and getting everyone schnozzled, (hey I was in my early 20's and this was the '70's). Many a hubby didn't get his lunch on those days I can assure you. The eventual winner was a glass of crushed ice with an ounce or so of Cointreau poured over it, then filled with Tonic water and topped with a squeeze of lemon. Very refreshing, the Tonic and lemon taking away from the sweetness and viscosity of the Cointreau. Don't think it ever actually caught on but the research was a blast!
JustMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
At that time a lot of Aussies were downing huge quantities of (are you ready) tia maria with coca-cola!
That sounds DISGUSTING!

David wrote:
Don't think it ever actually caught on but the research was a blast!
Where can I get a job like that?
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
... would spend the morning (usually) with a group of house wives mixing drinks and getting everyone schnozzled, (hey I was in my early 20's and this was the '70's). Many a hubby didn't get his lunch on those days I can assure you. The eventual winner was a glass of crushed ice with an ounce or so of Cointreau poured over it, then filled with Tonic water and topped with a squeeze of lemon. Very refreshing, the Tonic and lemon taking away from the sweetness and viscosity of the Cointreau. Don't think it ever actually caught on but the research was a blast!

David: So, you were part of the ORIGINAL DESPERATE HOUSEWIFE cast, right?! Wink Sally would kill to get a job like yours; she fancies herself a Mixacologist Extaordinaire, and I got her a Name Tag to prove it!

I love the sound of your drink: crisp, bubbly and light. Would Triple Sec work as well, do you think? I've got some in the freezer, right now.
David

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DQ! Why not! Give it a whirl with the Triple Sec and let me know. I don't have either in the house at this time.

And Desperate Housewives some of them were! Good thing I wasn't the "gardener"!
simona

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You men, all the same, thinking that in each and one of us is a hidden Lady Chatterley. Her husband was an invalid, remember?
But I'll try this 70' concoction, It's so hot here these days, that anything refreshing is welcome . I'm a Gin and Tonic person, -Gordon gin only ,please,- Cointreau is for "girlies", too sweet, so lemon and tonic is a good idea.

No more war, no uniforms, more Cointreau on the rocks!
simona

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You men, all the same, thinking that in each and one of us is a hidden Lady Chatterley. Her husband was an invalid, remember?
But I'll try this 70' concoction, It's so hot here these days, that anything refreshing is welcome . I'm a Gin and Tonic person, -Gordon gin only ,please,- Cointreau is for "girlies", too sweet, so lemon and tonic is a good idea.

No more war, no uniforms, more Cointreau on the rocks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: