Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Morocco

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
le_gredin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Morocco Reply with quote

My wife and I are planning a couple of weeks in Morocco for the last half of November. We prefer to get out of the tourist channels if possible (though recognize that may be more difficult here), and love to interact with people over food -- we look for the experientially intense when we travel

Any suggestions people have to offer would be welcome. Our mental focus so far has been on Marrakesh, Fez, the Draa Valley, maybe a couple of days on camels in the Sahara, but anything really interesting could change that.
tattum

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Morocco Reply with quote

Hi there!
I just saw this message, and it may be a little late to answer, but in any case here I send you a little of information about my own experience.

I live in Spain, so it was quite easy to get to Morocco. Anyway, you WILL LOVE IT!! it's really easy to get there and do any thing you want to do, it's really safe. the best thing is to do it by car, and Marrakesh and Fez are the best cities to see. take always a guide to get into the "medinas" (they are like labyrinths) the food is delicious, everywhere you go. the south is much better, Erfoud is a little village near the sand dunes of Erg Chebi, it has a beautifull hotel (and cheap) http://www.kasbahtizimi.com/
visit Ourzazate and Ait Benadout, and well Marrakesh, this other place is not as cheap, but is as beautiful http://www.lamaisonarabe.com/en/presentation.html
hope you enjoy it!!! don't forget to eat cous cous, and tagine, mmmmm...
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to say 'bon voyage'..how exciting it all sounds..
Bibliocook

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, am planning a trip to Morocco and would love to know if anyone here knows of any cooking courses in Marrakesh? I know that there are a few high-profile (and high-price) ones but they don't really sound like my kind of thing! I'm interested in doing something hands-on if possible and would love if it also included a trip to the markets and spice stalls! Anyone have any info?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: