Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Harry Potter & the Cucumbers of Doom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakritz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Harry Potter & the Cucumbers of Doom Reply with quote

Sounds food-related, but isn't.

Need to go to bed..

Last edited by Lakritz on Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rainey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What fun to see you're blogging! And what fun to be able to read your entry and see what that link I sent you was all about! Wink I only had the broad strokes from the blog where I picked it up. I was very pleased to get the big picture on how the editing and re-editing will work to make it a comprehensive piece with a uniform style.

Does the website for the project indicate how they let German speaking children know that/when it will be available? I'm guessing they must be a good deal more anxious by now than the English-speaking population was a couple weeks ago.

I'm so glad to hear that the project has brought together such unbridled industry and enthusiasm. Makes me feel ashamed that my 3 volumes of Harry Potter en français are still gathering dust after 3 years...

PS Now that you've got a blog you might want to go back to your profile and put in the address so you'll get that little "www" button on the bottom of your posts. That way we can check in from time to time and see what's going on. Wink
Lakritz

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention the link, didn't I?

http://alotonmyplate.blogspot.com

Thanks again Rainey, it was so interesting for me to check the HP link out, and I'm glad that you in turn found my write-up interesting!

I didn't mention you by name by the way because I can't make decisions for other people in terms of how exposed they want to be. I think I'll try and keep it all as anonymous as possible and create a sort of fictionalised persona and family...

The DIY translation is always only available to those who worked on it, the way I understood it, all the other German readers will have to wait until October!
Rainey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO NEED to worry about crediting the "source (?)". In fact, I was just passing along info I couldn't even read. Let's not do anything to encourage or increase the ignorance in the world.... Rolling Eyes Laughing The original site is sooo much more important and if a secondary source were to be credited it would have been my favorite spot BoingBoing.

I guess it's right that only contributors should get to enjoy the translation — avoids copyright infringements, I'm sure. So, are you now a participant? Wink

In any case, it's still interesting and affirming to see what genuine enthusiasm can do to boost academic effort and output. Laughing I've always been interested in education and how one lights the fires of intellectual curiosity in kids. So much of our education system in the US has totally abandoned the spirits of inquiry, discovery and critical thinking in favor of testing and "results". It's a genuine tragedy and seeing such a vital, engaging project through your "eyes" and words is fantastic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: