Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Spice up your life!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin wrote:
At some point in time yes, I would like to try it but not now. I was wondering if you sold E.O.

I do. I buy from this wonderful, small Lesbian-owned business out of California. It just so happens that now I'm on their team; I didn't choose it as such back in the late 90's.

The owner and her partner are massage therapists and got into it through the Mindy Green books, who is also a massage therapist.

They are exceedingly quality control, which I love and very personal; each year I receive a Christmas Card from them.

They have a $50.00 minumum, however, so I usually wait until my friends and I have a large order; some oils are only a couple of bucks, but some are over $100 per 1/8th of an ounce!
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, do they have a site or a catalog?

"It's hot ham water."
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do, but unfortunately, I don't give it out. I put so much effort into calling/writing/talking to E.O. wholesalers that I'm zealous about protecting my sources. I'm not usually like this and am pretty good with sharing plant wholesalers, recipes, etc., but in this case, I did a couple of years worth of research looking for the right company and I just dont' want to give it away. I only mark up their prices 10% when my friends order so it covers my costs and time involved, so it's easy for friends to buy it from me.

However, if you have a Whole Foods or GOOD quality Health Food Store in your area, they sell good to excellent quality E.O.'s. You'd only need wholesale if you were using E.O.'s in bulk, like I do, or plan on marketing them yourself.
JustMe

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DQ: is there anything you don't know about?

And I am sure the next question will be: is there anyway we can buy EOs through you?
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DQ, Right now I order from Mountain Rose out of Oregon. They are pretty good and the prices are right. I WISH I had a Whole Foods near me, I am having a time finding somewhere similar that is close.

"It's hot ham water."
Sarape

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found some stuff which looks like Purslane buy it has tiny (1-inch long) pods which look exactly like tiny snow peas. The leaves on the stuff I found were about 1/8-inch wide and 3/4-inch long. They do have redish-green stems and had yellow flowers -- which fell off by the time I got them home.
David

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But DQ---MINE is original Very Happy And yes, you and I are contemporaries. Except in spirit youth departed long ago. Crying or Very sad
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing JustMe: Have you ever seen or read any of the Harry Potter books? If so, than you'll know that J.K. Rowling wrote Hermione Granger after herself; and if she didn't, she could have modeled the character after me! Yes, I'd be the one person in class who would read the entire History of Hogwart's! But, when in a jam with a three-headed dog, I'm the one you'd call! Wink

Sure you can order E.O.'s from me, but Ontario is a large area; I'd check out the local sources first. Reason: You'd be paying double shipping with me: first from my wholesaler and then for me to ship to you. I have a coven of friends in Ohio that put together a yearly order for several hundreds of dollars and they split the oils and the shipping cost. This way, it's dirt cheap for them. They make their own candles and bath products and want control over what goes in and on their body.

Be careful, Sarape. Purslane doesn't have pods like you described; they have tiny little shell-shaped seed pods. I have (on the tip of my tongue) what I think you picked, but I can't think of the name at the moment. If I remember it later, I'll tell you. Right now, I'm cooling my heels at a clients, which is why I have internet time. Otherwise, I'd have to wait for the weekend, again.

Okay, I remembered it: Wood Sorrel. It has tiny snow pea pods and is filled with oxalic acid; not good for the tummy!
JustMe

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotcha! I, myself, am what they now call a "life long learner"....you're never too old to keep learning new stuff, and this forum has turned out to be quite educational!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: