Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

How did you discover Chocolate & Zucchini?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joethebaker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On wednsday The major papers in chicago have their food sections, Well the chicago tribune had a nice article with a picture. Nice site. well i hope to be become a part of more often
Ana

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first came across Elise Bauer's "Simply Recipes" when doing a Google search for "oxtail". From there I discovered C & Z and I was hooked.

This blog has led me to a wonderful return to the kitchen. I tried "Une Simple Soupe" and although I did not have all the ingredients, it was still a wonderful soup. The recipe led me to search for the "Bed of Roses" spice rub, from the manufacturer to the Canadian distributors, etc. I found that the Natural Food Pantry here in Ottawa carries their spices, although, at this time, not "Bed of Roses". I already bought my own mandolin. I started receiving produce from a certified organic grower in the region, and I am even considering my own blog.

Clothilde has no idea what she started with me. Merci bien ma chère!
Allisa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't know what a food "blog" was and had never read one before yesterday.
I came upon the Marvelous Clotilde and her blog when I was surfing on frenchgardening.com; her site is one of the links.....thank goodness!

I am hooked! I have never known of anyone to be just like me (but 15 years my junior!) I began my food passion in exactly the same manner as she did. The difference....no internet. I have a kitchen full of gadgets and tools and have cooked and baked myself silly these past 28 years (I pretty much started baking at age 11---began my independent learning at age 18.) When I read her foodblog interview, it was as if I was reading my own aged thoughts. Very freaky!!

You go girl!

I am dying to come to Paris. I fly there to go barging with my husband on 9/20/05!! I totally cannot wait. I wish to let him fly home alone...

Best regards,
Allisa
Dairy_Queen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I belong to a large website in America called Fans of Reality TV. I got bored with just the TV talk, so one day in the General Section, I started a Cookie Thread, which led to a Crock Pot thread, which led to a What's Cookin' thread.

The combined pages for the threads is over 55 pages now, so it's a raging success. A friend of mine from that site listed the URL for this site and said that I reminded her strongly of the owner of C & Z.

I came over that very afternoon and found a place with like minded people who could babble about food for hours and not think each other nuts!
Esurientes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a little smug as I found Chocolate & Zucchini very soon after it started, in about October 2003! I think I found it through a link from The Julie/Julia project, which was the first food blog I discovered when I was googling for a particular recipe.
So, Clothilde - I have been watching and reading from nearly the beginning and I still feel impressed and happier each day after I read it here Down Under.
Corey

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was zipping around the food section of www.npr.org and they happened to have your valentines day chocolate torte entry up. Well it opened my eyes to the world of food blogs, and I bet that I am not alone in saying that you inspired me to start my own.
Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Som of the ways that people have found the site are interesting. I, unfortunately, was having one of those really boring days and decided to hop on the computer (that shows how bored I was as I only use it for email usually) and do a bit of looking around.

Somehow, in my meandering through different websites, this site came up... and now I am on the computer every day.

As I have a pathetic kitchen in our apartment here in Paris, I am really living my cooking desires vicariously through this website.. sigh.
Mimi's Kitchen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the article in the National Post and was curious and now I'm hooked!! Very Happy
swa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

through a link on the food portal www.food411.com. The site has a section for food blog/information/recipe sites. C&Z is such a wonderful blog - thanks
MileHigh

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually saw C&Z referred to in your recent article in Budget Traveler - I was at the library browsing magazines (I'm on a budget, as many retired folks are!!) - and since I was in Paris last year the article caught my attention - and after I got home I remembered the blog name so I logged on and I have to say I've read it everyday since!! I haven't actually posted many comments but I enjoy reading other people's comments. Keep up the good work all you bloggers!!
Aprilia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you discover Chocolate & Zucchini? Reply with quote

clotilde wrote:
What led you to discover Chocolate & Zucchini? Was it a friend, was it another blog, was it an article?

An article in one of our Sunday papers suggested several foodie blogs this morning - and since then I have been at it all day! Having great fun, getting great tips and wishing the weather in Scandinavia would be more barbecue-friendly right now...
julietgb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking information about Pierre Hermé and your blog came out, and since then I'm here all the time.

I made the Chocolate and Zucchini cake, which loved it, and ate all by myself. I included candied orange and lemon peel and worked really well.

I love this blog.
Thanks for all the interesting things I can read about in the other side of the world.
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, julietgb!

I'd love to learn more about Argentinian food - would you think about starting a thread in the Cooking and Eating forums to tell us all more about what you eat, favourite ingredients, local specialties?

Thanks in advance

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
julietgb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: argentinian food Reply with quote

Judy wrote:
Welcome, julietgb!

I'd love to learn more about Argentinian food - would you think about starting a thread in the Cooking and Eating forums to tell us all more about what you eat, favourite ingredients, local specialties?

Thanks in advance

Thanks, I'm overwhelmed that I don't know where to start.
Here, we eat a lot of cow meat, chicken and not so mucho fish, we love french fries ("papas fritas") with one or two fried eggs on top.

When we go out to the movies or to meet with friends, pizza it's a must.
Here we have two kinds of pizza: one with a thin, like a paper, dough and other, where the dough it's thick and deliciuos.
Empanadas, maybe you heard about them, meat, chicken, cheese, vegetables for the fillings, and they can be cooked in the oven or be fried in oil.
In other parts in Argentina, they fry them in refined animal grease. Although it doesn't sound good it's really tasteful.

We love sweet, here we have kioscos, little shop where you can buy candy from all sorts, specially chocolate bars, cigarettes, cookies, talk on the phone, etc.

Dulce de leche, in all houses are one, at least, jar of this wonderfull sweet. We really love it, we like to dip a spoon in the jar, or maybe combine with a banana.
We have all sorts a cakes made with dulce de leche: Rogel, alfajores, mousse de dulde de leche, we combine it with peaches, cream and chocolate in a tradicional cake, with meringue, crepes with dulce de leche inside, and much more.
If someone wants I can give you recipes about this.

Inmigration from Spain and Italy in 1900's introduced a lot of food and traditions from Europe, and here made a beautiful mix, sometimes not.

So we still have traditional desserts and now we are incorporating desserts from France, Spain, and fusioned with South American fruits, Oriental ingridients. We are mixing lots of things, maybe someday something comes good. But we are following those countries and maybe from far behind, but still we are, now, proving differents things, and opening tongues to new flavors.

I'd like to know about your country too, what you eat, traditional food, and all specially desserts, I love sweet (food for the soul).

Thanks a lot.
saltshaker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was starting my blog, a friend who designs websites gave me the address and suggested looking at it just to get a sense of what he felt was one of the better food ones out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Resources All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: