Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

best breakfast in Paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
claudine

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: best breakfast in Paris Reply with quote

I'm looking for the perfect little cafe in 5th/6th/7th where I can sit with my cafe creme and people watch (not necessarily beautiful-people watch) all morning...
Elizagard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed sitting outside in the Jardin du Luxembourg and eating breakfast there.
claudine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: breakfast in paris Reply with quote

I love the jardins de luxembourg. It wasn't quite the weather in october - but nearby is the 'bread and roses' cafe on Rue de Fleurus. A little trop branche perhaps, but lovely all the same. Huge portions of gorgeous pastries and green tea...
David

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Bread and Roses does a lovely job of breakfast pastries and coffees! And Rue de Fleurus is also the street upon which Gertrude Stein and Alice B. Toklas lived!
VictoriaLH

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions a bit closer to Arts & Metiers? I will be staying in that area
in mid-march. Thanks!
MJBodell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Amazing People watching in the 3rd Reply with quote

In the 3rd there is the Swedish Cultural house... which I found to be the best people watching in Paris.
Lesley

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be considered touristy, but I love the breakfast at Les Deux Magots. And with the square right in front of you, you have great food and great people watching all in one.

Lesley
simona

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Lesley, sometimes famous ( and therefore touristic) places are fine. Les deux Magots, Flore, La coupole, Dome , Cafe de Paris, Cafe Laduree ( reu Royale) etc, are really wonderful places. Avoiding famous places and searching "authentic "ones is trendy now, but during my last stay in Paris ( January 2006) we decided, my 2 friends and me, to enjoy some of the above places, and enjoy we did. In non touristic periods, these places are full of French/ Parisians, who do exactly what they are supposed to do: sip their coffe, their KIR, eat a croissant or a Sandwich , read their newspaper or stare at people passing by.
This time I favoured the over crowded Laduree, the conveniently placed Cafe de Paris, and I felt... quite parisian. The decor is superb, the people are well dressed, so what's wrong with it?

No more war, vive the authentic famous parisian cafes!
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good topic! My girlfriends and I are actually starting a monthly brunch get together, and are looking at places in Paris that serve breakfast. I will be watching this topic with interest Cool
CakeMama

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this has been mentioned already but the but the 2 best places to people watch are on Rue Cler. I live in the 7th and have been in Paris for 7 years and still love this street, tourists and all.

The 2 cafes are Cafe de Marche (on the corner) and Tribeca, 36 Rue Cler which is just next door. Tribeca has heaters covering the whole patio which makes it easy to sit outside even on the coldest day. C de M also has heat lamps but not used too often.

They are run by the same owner and have good food at great prices. There are so many great places but these 2 are where I always take out of town guests.

I guess my point here is that they both have breakfast, not a full brunch but decent stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: