Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

2 days in Copenhagen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluedog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: 2 days in Copenhagen Reply with quote

My hubby and I get 2 days - sans kids - in Copenhagen between business trips. Any must do ideas for eating or sightseeing?
bluedog

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Copenhagen = yummy Reply with quote

I just returned from this trip, and must say that Copenhagen is arguably the coolest city in Europe. The people are fantastic, the city is wonderful, and the food, surprisingly, outstanding! The chefs have taken cues from Ferran AdriĆ  and we found some innovative not to mention outstanding restuarants. Escargot latte, you ask? Divine, I reply!

Noma, is a must for any travelers.

PS - The history and modern design provide quite a textural backdrop to my gastronomic tour.
Maria

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: 2 days in Copenhagen Reply with quote

Hi,

I know that your message was posted quite a long time ago, but in case anyone else are interested in culinary Copenhagen, I would like to come with a few hints. I used to be a Copenhagener myself, lived there for 10 years, and must say: for such a small city, the level of restaurants is outstanding.

As mentioned by bluedog, Noma [www.noma.dk] is a must for anyone visiting Copenhagen. The food is made from ancient Nordic produce and recipes, and is innovative and experimental without being over the edge.

Another recommendable place is Formel B [www.formel-b.dkl], which is one of the most romantic restaurants in Cph, where the very young chefs/owners cooks up unforgettable grub from an open kitchen. The style, I would call traditional French with a modern twist.

A new place, that I haven't tried yet, but which is recommended by many, is MR [ [http://www.mr-restaurant.dk/site.jsp], owned by Mads Refslund, who was once upon a time one of the people behind Noma. The style should be experimental and surprising, but really really good.

All the places above are in the top-end, and quite expensive. For something less expensive, yet still really good, my favourite place is Hansens Koekken & Bar [www.hansenskoekkenogbar.dk], where you'll get gourmet meals at affordable prices in a relaxed atmosphere. They have an untraditional winelist as well, with many good bargains, and nice waiters. Laughing

I could go on forever, but these would be my absolute favourites if I had a few days in Copoenhagen. May I just, as a last comment, recommend everybody NOT to eat in Tivoli, as what you'll get there will always be overpriced and very seldomly any good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: