Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A Special Request
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara Darling...that we can all be here there and everywhere..thinking of you...with the warmest of loving thoughts....indeed...with hands joined across mountains...oceans...parklands...vineyards...markets...winterlands..summerlands....ponds...across and around...we join in hope for you...

hugs
anna

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

love, prayers and admiration from north carolina, barbara. when my grandma had cancer my mom got her a copy of "The Little Engine That Could". Remember-- We Know You Can!
love, anna
KathyD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 10:13 am    Post subject: For Barbara...... Reply with quote

Dear Barbara,

May you have all the courage you require, and the strength to face the fear of the unknown. I don't know you, but I do know that all of us who love Chocolate & Zucchini are sincere in our concern for you, and in our hopes and prayers for your complete recovery !

KathyD in Utah
David

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And more warm vibes, hopes and prayers from the far north. You can do it girl!!
minkey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barbara-

I am sort of a newbie here and don't know you well, but you have all my best wishes. Your attitude seems great and I think you are so wise to reach out -- you will do great!
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara- Do you feel like telling us what you're going through? I know we all want to help but distance and apprehension and just plain old helplessness may get in our way. What we can do is listen to what you want to say but may find it hard to say to those closest to you that will be most impacted.

If you feel like it, we can listen to all the stuff that might not be "nice" or "brave" or whatever that needs saying so you can get it out of your way.

Then, if you can think of anything else that would be kind or amusing or helpful, please let us know what it is. Even if we have to contract with someone in Australia, I bet there are lots of us who would like to make it happen.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey is right we are here for you whatever you need.

"It's hot ham water."
Monica

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Healing wishes and gentle cyber hugs coming to you from Chicagoland. They have far to travel, but only get stronger over the distance...
Lilia Dignan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Barbara,

I haven't checked in the forum for a while and yours is the first one I read in a long time. You are in my thoughts and prayers and will continue well into your recovery. Your friends at C&Z will be with you sending good wishes.

Bon courage!

Love,
Lilia
creampuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family and loved ones.
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbara Darling...'tis now 11.45am Wed Sydney time...have been thinking of you so much.....and I feel the love throughout this thread, with YOU being our common thread.....from near and far..all to you...Sweet Lady...

hugs
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A message just received from Barbara's husband, Bryan....

Hi, Bryan here....
Barbara came through the surgery with flying colours .... Surgeon said they removed approx 50% of the liver, and she had no complications. I sat with her in intensive care for a few hours, but frankly she can be soooo boring when she's unconscious. It was a good opportunity to tell her about drums and music and the second world war, because she couldn't get away, but I have to say she ignored me as usual. I am however so grateful for the successful outcome....., and she will be having a glass of champers on Christmas day
cheers
Bryan

(I thought purple was an appropriate colour 'cos strong women wear purple!)

What wonderful news!

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugger bugger bugger Judy...now you've got me a cryin'.....zillions of stardust to our mutual pal... Wink
Rainey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man! Bryan made me laugh! Now I KNOW Barbara's in good hands.
madameshawshank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey Darlin'...I had the joy of spending FIVE hours with B 'n B when they were breezing through Sydney...they are each sweet and exceptionally interesting souls...

in a small car...by water...with winds whipping...we ate bread/oil, dukkah, cheese, prawns, oysters...drank wine...at some stage methinks there were cakes from The Paris Cake shop on Bondi Road...we laughed we laughed we laughed...

B 'n B...treasures both...cared for and cared by this day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: