Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

world cup 2006 - need some rec's!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tara

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: world cup 2006 - need some rec's! Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

This is my first post - i have been reading this blog for a while now, and am so excited to get some advice from what seems to be a VERY knowledgeable group!

My husband and I are coming to Europe in June for about 3 weeks for the World Cup. We are flying into Amsterdam and out of Munich, and we will have a car. We plan on hitting up alot of places, in between seeing games.

I would LOVE to get any and all recommendations - mostly on food and hotels.

We will definately be in Amsterdam, Munich, Berlin and Copenhagen at various times. Where else we go is still in the planning stages. We both love amazing food, wine and prefer the boutique-y hotels (or b+b's) over the large ones. But I would love any rec's you all have. Also, since we'll have a car we are open to staying outside of the cities, in smaller towns.

I'm sure I will be posting again, as our trip begins to get finalized.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
MarieStrawberry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: 2006 europe Reply with quote

If you are into German style brewery food of very good quality i can recommend the Franziskaner Keller in Rezidenz Strasse in the heart of Munich - with my family we ordered a huge roast meats platter - coming with roast duck, roast suckling pig (cooked to perfection with the best crackling!!) which were accompanied by both sweet red cabbage saurkraut and white saurkraut as well as traditional potato dumplings and gravy!! It was delicious but be warned - the sizes are very big - i think one platter is enough for 6 ppl (or mayb my family doesnt eat much! )
The traditional boiled weisswurst were also very good and i loved their mustard. The staff were very friendly and there is also a well translated english menu - it was a great experience!!
In COpenhagen - a good place to visit is actually the dansk design museum - the exhibitions were very interesting and the atmosphere was great - the in house cafe especiallly and offered good plates of danish specialties (smorrebrod and pickled herring!!) ,, nice!!
enjoy your trip!!
Marie
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the C&Z forums, MarieStrawberry - great to see another Aussie here!

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: