Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

food stamps and "the war"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
commissaire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: food stamps and "the war" Reply with quote

Clotilde, thank you so much for the information about the war ration stamps. Just last night I finished a book that I think you would like to read, if you are interested in WW II, as I am. Its called "The Children's War" by Monique Charlesworth and is a facinating story about a German Jewish girl sent to live in France and a German boy who ends up being looked after by the mother of this girl. I gobbled this book up and stayed up much to late to keep reading.

On a separate note, I will be traveling to Paris in early September. After a few days there, I will be going to the Languedoc area, staying near Mirepoix. I welcome any information people may have about this area of southern France which is "sure to be the next Provence".

I can hardly wait!
pimpille

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject: Présente ! Je suis une languedocienne et j'en suis fière ! Reply with quote

Adesias Commissaire ! I live in Languedoc Roussillon. Mirepoix is just at the border Languedoc Roussillon/Midi-Pyrennées. What would you like to know from my beautiful province ?
David

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our absolute best French holiday was in Languedoc. We rented a house near Uzes for 2 weeks and should be ever get a chance to travel like that again we have sworn to return. Enjoyed it more than Provence which we also loved, just found it a bit less busy, more rustic, very friendly! Uzes is a must, especially the Saturday market in the incomparable Places des Herbes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: