Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

calling all Aussie expats..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madameshawshank

Location: Penrith (where jacarandas remind me of change), New South Wales, Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: calling all Aussie expats.. Reply with quote

Jan 26 Australia Day~ I will raise my glass to you all...wherever ye be! I will wish you all well. I will wish you untold joy.

Oz haiku the day before Jan 26

corrugated iron
diversity of souled folk
snow desert beaches

with love to all
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: HAPPY AUSTRALIA DAY Reply with quote

To all Aussies

Wherever you are, and whatever you do on January 26th, have a great day.

If you can somehow slip on a pair of boardshorts & a pair of thongs (.... er, the footwear, not the underwear!), and have a barbie, go fer it!!

www.cupcakerecipebook.com.au
woodstocker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kids at my flat mate's party were drinking to all you aussies last night. emphasis on the drinking part. Rolling Eyes
Debbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

I had a nice lunch with another Aussie living here in Paris and we raised our glasses in a toast.

My husband asked if he could do the great Aussie tradition of taking a "sickie" to celebrate with us... Rolling Eyes

It was certainly different spending Australia Day freezing instead of boiling. Laughing

Anyway, off to dive into bed with the electric blanket on HIGH... it is registering -3degrees outside our house.... and inside doesn't feel much better as we have been away for a week and so no heating has been on... Shocked It has taken me hours to get the temp up to 10 degrees!!!!! I am still not used to being this cold. Laughing

Can't whinge too much though as you are all suffering from the heat and bushfires. Let's all raise a glass to the firies who are spending their public holiday protecting our "golden soil.. girt by sea".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: