Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Mumbai/Bombay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KristainLondon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Mumbai/Bombay Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I am going to Bombay next month for a friend's wedding. Staying at the Taj Mahal Mumbai. Would love to have some epicurean experiences. I've heard that the Fisherman's Market is a great way to start the day. I'm looking for some great suggestions on informal lunches relatively close to the Taj Mahal Hotel. For dinner, am open to more trendy suggestions--but don't want to go European. Any suggestions?

Also, I've looked online for Bombay Food bloggers and Restaurant bloggers but am not turning up much. If you know of any, please let me know. Might be nice to meet up.

Krista
http://kristainlondon.typepad.com
cybele

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I can't help with any personal recommendations, whenever I travel I like to visit a metblog for that city and read it for a few weeks to get a sense of what the locals are up to. (I write for the one in Los Angeles.)

Here's one for Mumbai:

http://mumbai.metblogs.com/

I bet you could just pop a comment in one of their food related posts to ask for suggestions or browse around for the bloggers' personal sites to get a feel for them.

It sounds like a wonderful trip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Around the world on a zucchini All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: