Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Paris in March : the quest for YUZU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Filipe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Paris in March : the quest for YUZU Reply with quote

I'm going to Paris in March for a few days. I would like to take this oppurtunity to find some yuzu - either the fruits or their juice (bottled) - there in Paris.

Can any parisien or parisiénne give me a clue on where i would be able to find it?

By the way, beside Pierre Hermé, Fauchon, Ladurée and Sadaharu Aoki, which pastry/chocolate shops/boutiques would you advise me not to miss?
frantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Paris in March : the quest for YUZU Reply with quote

While you are at Fauchon, check out their fresh fruit selection. Hediard, just around the corner on the Place Madeleine, also has a fruit stand, where one can pay elevated prices for rare fruits or fruits that should be out of season. If you are more adventurous, try some of the Asian markets in the Bellville area, where you can find anything from bitter melon to durian. Good luck!
Filipe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Paris in March : the quest for YUZU Reply with quote

frantom wrote:
If you are more adventurous, try some of the Asian markets in the Bellville area, where you can find anything from bitter melon to durian. Good luck!

Adventurous? Is there any risk of serious injuries for going there? eheh
I thought on taking the metro to Porte d'Ivry and checking that area, mainly a chinese store called Paris Store on Avenue d' Ivry. It's this the area you're talking about?
frantom

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, it is not dangerous, just not the pristine vision of (over-the-top)cleanliness you'll find at the likes of fauchon. i actually live in bellville, which is the second (or first, depending on how you look at it) chinatown in paris. the area you are talking about is in the 13th, in the south east, in chinatown proper. in addition to paris store, there are two big grocery stores called tang frères where you might want to look.

belleville is roughly in the northeast on the 11 or 2 metro lines. there are two paris stores there, plus many other fruit and vegetable markets.

there is also a third, much smaller chinese (but actually chinese and not pan-asian) district in the center of the city near arts et métiers (line 11 or 3), and a japanese district along rue saint anne in the 2nd (opéra or pyramides), although the japanse stores carry more packaged imports than fresh produce.

good luck, and have a nice trip!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: