Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Early May in Paris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karen V

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Early May in Paris Reply with quote

I am going to enjoy Paris for a week in early May. I'm traveling alone with my camera and lots of Euros (relatively speaking). I'm staying near the Notre Dame and would love recommendations for "real" French food especially for breakfast and lunch and esp. within walking. Classic dishes in classic settings, more for locals than tourists. Love chicken and seafood and chocolate. Names of places to pick up fixings for a light dinner would be great, too. Also would love to know of any art galleries that carry photography. I'll be going to Musee Rodin and Picasso and the Modern Art museum (did D'Orsay last time). But mostly walking and taking photos and eating good food/wine and enjoying the people and the gorgeous City of Light. Wouldn't mind a cooking class for a half-day either (be in Paris May 4-11). Yikes this is a big list of stuff! Sorry!
Debbie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many restos and museums that I am sure you will be inundated with suggestions.

With your interest in photography, I would like to suggest that you wander up to the Luxemburg gardens and look at the photo exhibits that they have around the fence. It changes with the seasons, and I always find it interesting. Hopefully you will too.

Enjoy your trip!
Melly

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are visitng Paris as i type. (Gotta love the wi-fi connection!) the conciergerie has an exhibit right now that is all photos of the seine. i don't have any idea how long it is there. the conciergerie is just on the other side of the island from notre-dame. We're having a great time and trying to fit too much in.
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with Debbie, the Luxembourg Gardens are beautiful. We got some amazing shots there and it was only February, imagine it in May. Have fun, I am so jealous!

"It's hot ham water."
RebeccaL

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Paris Eats in May (or anytime) Reply with quote

Hi, I've written about all my favorite restaurants on my blog: lafleurdeparis.blogspot.com - check out the february archives in particular. If you're staying by Notre Dame, I strongly suggest L'Atelier de Maitre Albert ... or any of Guy Savoy's bistros! (Les Bouquinistes ... La Butte Chaillot) Market is fun and trendy ... L'Epi Dupin is a great neighborhood bistro... Cojean is wonderful for a light lunch ... and L'Obélisque is really a special experience!
Lesley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try La Truffiere in the 6th, Le Tastevin on the Ile St. Louis or Aux Lyonnais in the 2nd. All are wonderful.

Lesley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Paris & France All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: