Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A holiday season we all can share!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erin

Location: Within view of Elliot Bay, The Olympics and every ship in the Sound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am grinning ear to ear! I am absolutely delighted you enjoyed my soup!

"It's hot ham water."
simona

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I browsed the topics and opened this one. As usual, no dates , but thanks to David who wished a Happy New Year to all of us, I deduced ( I'm really Sherlock Holms, ain't I ??)) that the last post was sometimes at beginning of January 2005. Meanwhile Eastern is behind us, Passover at the end of April and the Greek Orthodox Eastern at the beginning of May.
I was deligted to read about all your Christmas dinners, the last one I've celebrated was at a friend's parents in Beziers, a small town near Montpellier, France. It was 30 years ago and it was an orgy of oysters, foie gras and turkey.
Anna, Lady, and all other latkes afficionados: I add grated sweet potatoes to my latkes, as well as chopped dill and parsley, and it rockets them to the sky. And Matzo flour instead of plain flour during Pesach.
I know about the Catholic Eastern, but much less about the Greek Ortodox one. My Romanian friends ( Romanians are mainly Ortodox, not Catholic) eat lamb. Does anybody know about other traditional food connected to the Ortodox Eastern??
I'm very interested in the History of Food, and about the links between culture , civilazion and eating traditions.
Food related to holidays should indeed be an ongoing topic.
I'm counting on you to keep the flame burning! Thanks
Simona
Judy

Location: buried under a pile of books somewhere in Adelaide, South Australia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simona

The first post on this topic was made by Erin on December 3rd 2004. And the last entry before yours was also made by Erin, on December 29th I can see when every post was made on the forum - in the box above the body of each post. Can't you see them?
simona

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Judy,
Following your post, I wondered why on my computer, on that line (box) above I have always only : post: 10/03/05. So I went to my husband's computer, I entered the forums, and there it was with all the right dates in the line above. So something is wrong with my computer. Still it's bizarre that on one compiuter you see the right date and on another computer, same house, same phone number, it doesn't appear. I'll check with a technician, thanks for pointing it to me.
Simona
Lady Amalthea

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Passover's only a week away and I can't wait. My family is hosting our own seder for the first time this year and it will be the first one my partner has ever attended. I haven't eaten matzoh since Purim, so I'm really looking forward to some matzoh brie next Sunday morning. I also bought myself a beautiful picture-cookbook on Passover food and I plan on playing with some old recipes to make them Pesach-friendly. I'm Ashkenazi, which means I have a TON of restrictions, but I'm actually looking forward to the challenge. Probably gonna have a lot of simply grilled fish.
For the Seder itself, we'll have matzoh ball soup, gefilte fish, chopped eggs and onions, brisket, matzoh meal-crusted chicken, sachar torte. The second night may include shoulder of veal, some kind of fish (maybe with a matzoh meal or a nut crust) and macaroons.
What were Easters like?
simona

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lady Amalthea,
Happy passover to you, and hope your friend will like the chooped liver and chopped eggs.
Judy has opened a special forum on Passover and Jewish holidays, so I'll continue there on this topic. hope you'll join us.

No more war, more Mazos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Cooking & Eating All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: