Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Forum etiquette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerpale

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Forum etiquette Reply with quote

forum

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
David

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee gingerpale, I personally don't think it's at all a problem to start new threads at any time, nor do I think it at all ungracious to leave your computer for hours. Sometimes posts are responded to quickly, sometimes not for days. I guess it is just a matter of content.

Post away, I say.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:10 am; edited 1 time in total
simona

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question,, where is SARAPE? Hey there, do you hear us Sarape? Or are you too busy to talk to us now that you are retired? There is a while since we heard about a mushy breakfast concoction of yours!
On the other hand, he's maybe trekking somewhere in the Himalaya.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

return

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total
simona

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all of the above, but yes, I still say:

NO MORE WAR
Deste

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you conduct searches on this topic, you're bound to find that most sites that post their rules merely stress the following:

*be respectful and tolerant of others
*avoid inflamatory subjects such as religion or politics
*remain on topic
*avoid self-promotion (in commercial sense)
*do not market products
*respect copyright law for published material; always cite sources quoted
*use messages to individuals for dialogues vs. public discussion
*think again before posting anything you suspect might offend
*ignore messages from members who seem mean, nasty or bellicose
*report anything untoward to authorities.

As you may have observed, this forum has not yet required an official statement of rules.

Members ignore items 2 & 3 listed here all the time yet somehow manage to always to be kind, supportive and abide by item 1...thereby cancelling out the reason why so many other sites resort to issuing rules. Tis the nature of C&Z and the people the site attracts.
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deste- I just want to underscore that we have had discussions of challenging political and social issues. When we first did, we brought it to Clotilde's attention and asked if she preferred that we set up a sub rosa e-mail loop or something to keep it off her forum out of respect for her and her fans.

She didn't believe that that was necessary where good manners (being a very different thing than unanimity of opinion), basic civility and the conveniently titled "Other Topics" were there for all of us to use. I hope we've never abused that trust. And I don't believe we have even though we represent a range of sometimes strongly held beliefs.

I mention this simply because people who have come along more recently may not know that there isn't any disrespect of the forum and the company intended or inferred when we are candid.
gingerpale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topic

Last edited by gingerpale on Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Rainey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerpale wrote:
I do wish there was a way I could practice using the BBCode without actually sending a post. I avoid underlining, italics, etc. because it seems to work differently than in my email. I'll google BBCode and see if they have a how-to page. (Yes yes, I know it is probably self-explanatory to everyone else on the planet!)[/u]

On this forum it's very easy. Highlight whatever text you want to enhance and then click on the appropriate button above the reply text screen. B=bold, i=italics, u=underscore, Quote=quote.

Perhaps someone else can tell you more about code, list, list=, img and URL. I'm a Mac user so I'm, basically, computer illiterate. Shocked [/code]
Deste

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainey wrote:
Deste- I just want to underscore that we have had discussions of challenging political and social issues. When we first did, we brought it to Clotilde's attention and asked if she preferred that we set up a sub rosa e-mail loop or something to keep it off her forum out of respect for her and her fans.

She didn't believe that that was necessary where good manners (being a very different thing than unanimity of opinion), basic civility and the conveniently titled "Other Topics" were there for all of us to use. I hope we've never abused that trust. And I don't believe we have even though we represent a range of sometimes strongly held beliefs.

Yes, Rainey. Good to think of new members, too. My goal was to praise the civility and graces of active members, so I hope the compliment was not obscured by the tired priggish tone.Wink

And Leo, are you still around? The signature line's in response to yours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Other things All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: