Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index >> Back to Chocolate & Zucchini <<

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 
 RSS feedLast posts feed   RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Real Yorkshire Pudding from England

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElegantSniff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Real Yorkshire Pudding from England Reply with quote

OK - I'm on my third glass of wine and I'm not a big fan of people that hijack forums for blatent advertising.
End of, as they say in Essex.

Real Yorkshire Pudding tips..

The word according to my Gran (and her mother, my great grandmother, was from Yorkshire)...

Use beef dripping to coat your baking tin
Rest your batter before cooking
Get the fat smoking hot in the oven before adding your batter - don't be nervous of the heat, you want HOT!
Keep your oven HOT HOT HOT -- the pudding(s) should be cooked when the joint jas been taken out of the oven and is resting, so crank the heat up
Cook in a bucket as long as it's metal, you have coated it in beef dripping and it's smoking hot before you add your (rested) batter....

Hope this is useful - there's nowt as queer as folk, as they say in Yorkshire Laughing
VictoriaLH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My gran was from Yorkshire as well! We had roast beef and yorkshire pud every Sunday night when I was a kid. Its the only thing I miss since becoming a vegetarian, altho I guess you can make yorkshire pud without the beef drippings. Then they are pretty much just popovers.
dadegroot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes make Yorkshire pudding for breakfast on the weekends. Although beef dripping is not something I tend to have around at that time in the morning, so it's usually butter and bacon grease instead.

I use a pyrex pie plate to cook mine in, or sometimes individual ones in a muffin tin.

--
Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Chocolate & Zucchini Forum Index -> Recipe Box All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: